Located in the international node of the East and the West, Hong Kong carries a special strategic position in matters like transportation, cultural exchange, information dissemination, economic and financial activities. With this background plus her urban nature make Hong Kong a perfect option for our Farming Technologies and the education of the public of green living and the respect for nature.
Our Ecological Park is just by the side of our Agricultural Technologies Research Centre. With the mission of educating the public. We wish to make the public, both the corporates and the individuals, aware that corporate profit, ecological preservation, and social responsibility will not grow at the expense of the other. They can co-exist.
We are in response to the claims from NOGs like UN, World Bank and WWF that the world will face food shortage by 2050. Famine may result into social unrests, political unrests; wars and etc.
GHI, a private-sector agriculture group formed by multi-national companies like IBM and Du Pont. "Countries need to prioritize agriculture and the growing of food in more sustainable methods,” It's Executive Director, Ms. Margaret Zeigler's saying, “If we don't start now, we'll have a problem sooner, even by 2030."
Although the world is facing the food shortage, funding on agricultural technologies research is however decreasing. In our Ecological Park, we will implement the technologies developed in the Research Centre for daily life. Even land supply is getting scarce, by practicing City Farming, a densely populated city can still supply the greens they need. Taking care of the well-being of our Earth when we are working hard to achieve economic growth and enjoy our wealth. Make Earth sustainable. The business carries out their social responsibilities. Everyone in this society offers solutions to social problems within his/her capability. Work together to achieve an inclusive society.
這個具有示範和教育意義的生態園就在我們的農業科技中心旁邊，讓大眾 – 企業和個人 – 瞭解到商業利益、環保和社會責任是可共存，沒有抵觸的。
雖然世界正面對缺糧的問題，可是農業研究經費卻有減無增，這個生態園就是要把我門從農業科技園研發的城市種植和綠色生活模式帶到日常生活裡，在土地日益減少時，卻可在人煙稠密的城市種植，達到自給自足，並且在我們努力追求經濟增長和享受生活的同時，對我們這個家 – 地球 – 也關心愛護，讓世世代代可在美好的環境下生活成長，工商業體現他們在社區應有的責任，協力解決社會問題，達至一共容社會。
Build up a city model that the public and business corporates carry out their activities in a green and sustainable manner. A harmonized society with quality living. Sharing with the future generations the precious resources of our planet Earth.
City Farming – Advantages LED Plant Light & T-max Water
城市農耕 – 優點 LED種植燈 & T-max
LED plant light makes agricultural possible with the absence of sun light. Allowing indoor large scale cultivation in a factory building possible:
* All environmental factors are under control, making agriculture possible under the most feasible conditions like right temperature, right wavelengths and the right soil without the disturbance of Nature’s cycle. Cultivation can be carried out the whole year round.
* No restriction by land supply. Extension vertically
* Stable supply with good quality
* Reduce carbon emission as transport distance reduced by a large extent.
* More vegetable growth in the same space as plants can be grown closer as LED produces less heat.
* With strategical significance for the security of a city.
Our City Farming are divided into Indoor Farming and Outdoor Farming. The use of LED Plant Light and T-MAX Water indoor is to practice City Farming. Outdoor farming is to test the function of T-MAX water on plants.
Cultivation is divided into 4 categories：
* Fruit Growing
* Leafy Vegetable Growing
* Vegetable Growing: Gourds and Tomatoes
* Flowers Growing
According to research, agricultural produce can stay fresh for a longer time without refrigeration. They can also better resist harsh weather. Plants are stronger and with more biomass.
Introduce New Technologies to Daily Life 把科技引進生活
- Fruit Growing
Fruits are sweeter, brighter colour and more uniform in shape.
Strawberries grown in Cambridge, UK:
•10cm higher plant growth
•>30% more fruit bearing
•>17% higher yield
- Leafy Vegetable Growing
Vegetables like lettuce and spinach with biomass increased by 205-130%
蔬菜如生菜、菠菜的生物量增加 20% - 130%
物質增加 20% - 130%
First test on large scale flower growing. Expect bigger flower with brighter colour. Stay open longer.
將會是首次驗證在花朵的成效，預期是更鮮豔持久、更大和形狀更穩稱。瓜果如番茄和小胡瓜的生物質增加 20% - 130%
Club House - 俱樂部
Produce will be sold through our Club House. Boutique hotel is the regular customer. Participants in various activities organized inside the Ecological Park, in addition to facility users are customers to the Co-op. Produce harvested in the Park will also be sold to the retail segment.
Boutique Hotel - 精品酒店
The boutique hotel is operated in Swiss Hotel Management Model and ecological concerns. Our technologies will be applied to this hotel. It is also a training ground:
HCPV supplies power to this hotel
T-Max Water System supplies drinking water to the hotel. The water also used in HVAC. According to research, HVAC can be operated with 25%+ less electricity.
City Farming Agricultural Product will be sold to the hotel through the Farm Co-op. Customers can enjoy fresh, healthy vegetables and fruits.
Fresh Purified Air Air inside the hotel will be filtered to remove airborne particles, bacteria, viruses, chemical gases and odors. Guests enjoy a clean, healthy and green environment.
What the Boutique Hotel wants to achieve：
- Apply green technologies to commercial level
- Offer a green holiday resort to HK people
- Venue for company meetings. People can relax much better in this countryside setting. With a clear and better thinking mind, meetings can be processed more efficiently. The relax environment is ideal for networking, to build up connection for better business cooperation.
- An alternative lodging for visitors to HK. Instead of the highly urbanized landscape with skyscrapers. The facets of HK with greenery views, heritage from the past and tranquil nature.
- Quality lodging for ecological tour participants.
- Training ground for exchange students in Hotel Management from the East and the West. Students in Asia do not need to take a long trip to Switzerland but still able to acquire the world renowned hotel management skill of Switzerland. Students from the West can obtain work experience in Asia and serving oriental guests.
- Offer job opportunities to the local community.
Resort Village - 度假村
Environmental friendly buildings from old containers
The Resort villages with bungalows carefully converted from used containers fully align with the concept of green and sustainable living we want to educate the public. Designed to fit into the local environment.
The container resort houses exemplify with systematic categorization and renovation, once trash can be transformed into meaning use. The Village will be powered by electricity generated from HCPV, water from T-Max System, fresh purified air. A perfect hangout for holidays and weekends. A place with facilities and activities to regain strength, to cleanse the mind and the body.
Apart from participants of ecological tours, include business corporates, schools and individuals are customers to the resort.
Leisure & Commercial Farming
休 閒 & 商 業 耕 作
Fields are available for hire for leisure farming. A small portion is available for commercial farming. Tenants can sell their produce through the club house.
Seeds and organic fertilizers are available from our Park. In order to make sure organic farming is practised inside the Park. Tenants can only use the seed and fertilizers sold in the club house. Tenants can also provide service of attending to the fields. Tenants may buy this service to take care of their field when they are not available.
Boutique Hotel is the regular customer of the Farm Club House. Other potential customers can be the hotel guests, resort guests and eco-tour participants.
生 態 文 化 旅 遊
Content of Eco-Culture Tours
Eco-Cycling – Zero carbon emission
- Offer quality activities to city people
- Motivates public to love and respect our Nature
- Training ground for Eco-Tour Guide Students
- Create job opportunities
- Care of business corporates to the nature and local community
單車樂 – 無碳交通
- 提供區內就業機會 實踐商業機構對社區的關懷
History and Culture
Not many Hongkongese know about the history of Hong Kong. The Eco-Culture Tours take participants to the monuments near to the hotel. Through understanding of the past, build up a stronger connection with the place they live. Motivate local people to protect the ecology of Hong Kong, their home. Declared monuments include Lik Wing Tong Study Hall, Tang Kwong U Ancestral Hall, Tang Ching Lok Ancestral Hall , Cheung Chun Yuen, So Lau Yuen.